15 May 2010

Mix Seventeen

We might have hit May already, but the weather here in the UK is stubbornly refusing to leave the winter behind and brits are left with no choice but to continue to reluctantly wear jackets, jumpers and the like. 
Where's the warmth and sunshine they cry! ...Well, it's right here! Mix Seventeen has landed, and Houston, we most certainly do not have a problem. 
When the weather won't co-operate then VibeRide is here to generate the sunshine and summer vibes - it's that easy. If, wherever you are in the world is already warm and sunny (lucky you), then VibeRide just compliments that.
This months' mix has an exclusive song from a very talented guy whom I'm happy to help spread the word about. His name is Christian Fontana and his main work is with his band  - Square Go -  who sound great, but he also mentioned a side project of his from last year in which he hired a horns section (and I love a horns section). So I listened to three funky cuts that came from that and liked what I heard. Christian kindly agreed to let me include one of those tracks into this months' mix. Do let us know what you think and do check out his band either online or in person in London somewhere soon!
But how did I meet Christian I hear you cry? Well I'm glad you asked. We saw a guy get on stage and rip out a guitar solo at a Larry Graham gig a few weeks back and wow the crowd. Christian then contacted me after seeing VibeRide's Larry Graham footage on YouTube and explained that the random guitar man on stage who was actually really good - was him. So good in fact that I had to disappoint Christian by telling him I hadn't filmed him because I was too busy enjoying his cameo performance! So no video as a memento, but Christian explained it was the thrill of a lifetime to get up and jam with a legend like Larry and I'm sure he'll never forget that night. 
Here's the tracklist for Mix Seventeen: 

1). The O'Jays - 'Get On Out And Party' from the 'Significant Singles' album
2). Pockets - 'In The Pocket' - from their 1977 album 'Come Go With Us'
3). George Duke - 'Look What You Find' from 1979 album 'Master Of The Game'
4). Savanna - 'Never Let You Go' - from 'Back Street Brit Funk'
5). Rick James - 'Love Gun' from his 1979 album 'Fire It Up'
6). Incognito - 'I've Been Waiting' - from their 2009 album 'Tales From The Beach'
7). Tower Of Power - 'Back On The Streets Again' from '70 album 'East Bay Grease'
8). Christian Fontana - 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now!' (single)
9). Commodores - 'Free' from their 1975 album 'Movin' On'
10). Level 42 - 'Hot Water' from their 1984 album 'True Colours'
11). Luther Vandross - 'Never Too much' from his 1981 album of the same name

No comments: